Blog Header

Blog Header

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Too Long

It has once again been way too long since I have posted. We have been on vacation for a week and really busy the rest of the time. So here are a few updates:

The potatoes in barrels aren't turning out as well as I hoped. I emptied the first barrel and only came out with about 20 potatoes. Bummer! We still have to empty the other 3 barrels which I plan to do this weekend.

We are swamped with zucchini and the squash and tomatoes are beginning to come in. For lunch today I had a salad made completely from things I had grown. It only had tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce in it. I could have added onion and peppers but I am still waiting for them to get a little bigger before I harvest them. This is the first time I have had any success with lettuce and I am growing it in a planter. I intend to plant some more in another planter soon.

The corn, peas and beans are coming along and looking really healthy. Blackberries are being picked on a daily basis. I think I will make jelly this year, I haven't made it in a while.

We went to Georgia for the 4th of July and brought back peaches. I made canned some pie filling, but was a little disappointed with it this year, it is a little tart.

We also brought Daniel, Larissa and Dixie home with us for the week. April and Lily came out and stayed most of the week with us. We had our home full of our children and grand-girls. We had so much fun, swimming in the pool, eating and just hanging out. We did take a couple of day trips, one to Natural Bridge and one to Louisville to see the great grandparents. We were all wore out by the end of the week. But it was well worth it.

I had a major birthday this year and the kids and Greg threw me a surprise birthday party. It was a lot of fun and meant a lot to me to have my friends and family around on my birthday.

I am feeling very blessed this week.

Have a great week.
Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment