Blog Header

Blog Header

Friday, August 26, 2011

Revisit Homemade Hand Soap

Well, I am not as amazed with the liquid hand soap as I was upon first making it. It turned out really thin, so I made another batch using 1 quart of water and 1 bar of soap. Then I added all of the soap from the previous batch back to it. It did get much thicker. But I don't like the way that it doesn't lather and it rinses off too quickly. I don't feel like my hands are getting clean. I know that it isn't the bubbles that cleans but it just doesn't feel as if the soap stays on your hands long enough to do the job.

I will continue to use the soap I've made and try to find other uses for it. Even though it was free, I don't feel like it was worth the effort. It may be that I used Ivory soap and if I used a different kind I might have liked it better. For now I will just chalk it up to a learning experience.

I have been putting up lots of tomatoes. They have really come in with a vengeance. I can't seem to stay ahead of them. But that's okay with me. I will have lots of good tomatoes all through the winter to make soups and stews with and I am happy about that.

Have a great weekend!
Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment