Blog Header

Blog Header

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Four Day Weekend

This past weekend was a four day weekend for me.  I took Friday off and Monday was Labor Day.  Friday, I was out shopping for about 6 hours.  I started out at the Amish store, where I bought vital wheat gluten, pickles (for a friend) and a few other odds and ends.  While I was checking out  I noticed that they were taking orders for concord grapes. 18 pounds for $10.  That's less than 60 cents a pound. I was in a little bit of a hurry to get the rest of my shopping done so I didn't order them.  Then I went to CVS where I bought 4 Purex laundry detergents, 4 Dawn dish liquids, a deodorant, and two candy bars for the grand total of $2.89.  Then I went to General Dollar and bought 4 place mats, a table runner, hairspray, and a few other things for $28. Then to Walgreen's where I got 2 more Purex laundry detergent, 2 Almay makeup (hypoallergenic is all I can use) and another deodorant all for less than the price of one of the Almay, $11.41.  Then to Meijer where they had pork loins on sale for $1.77/lb. I picked up a few other things there that were on clearance or BOGO, and a couple of items we needed for the house. Then to Kroger to do the rest of my grocery shopping.  I was beat when I got home.

Saturday found me back at the Amish store ordering grapes and buying mums.  They had some really huge ones for $8.99.

Sunday I made a loaf of bread in my new Breadman bread machine. I finally had a loaf of bread that was just what I was trying to make but had not been successful. It was light and delicious. The vital wheat gluten did the trick.

Monday was our annual apple picking day. So April and Lily went with us to pick apples.  We picked about 2 bushels.  And now April and I both have apples to last us for a while.  I will be making more applesauce in the crock pot, (it is to die for, and I don't even like applesauce), and maybe a couple of pies. We will just eat the rest.  They will last for a really long time in the fridge in clear plastic bags.

After this jam packed weekend, I had to go back to work so I could get some rest.

Mae
 

No comments:

Post a Comment