Blog Header

Blog Header

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Happenings

Christmas is a very special time to me and it seems that a lot of years I have gotten so caught up in prepping for the day, I forget what the day is all about.  This year I have done much better at getting prepared early and being able to let some things go.  I mean, my tree is up and the inside of my house is mostly decorated, but there are still pumpkins on the front porch, my fall display is still up and the outside lights are not up, and believe or not, I'm okay with that.  Most of the shopping for the family is done, I just have a few more little gifts to buy. 

I haven't even started baking, but April and I have our big baking day planned for the 15th.  Hopefully this year my oven won't go out in the middle of it.  I might get a few things made this weekend as it is April's & Greg's day for shopping together and spending some daddy, daughter time together.

But that really isn't what Christmas is about anyway.  It's about a blessed baby being born for the purpose of saving the lost through his death, burial and resurrection.   How could there ever be a more perfect love or more beautiful story.  I am thankful that Jesus loved me enough.

My plan for the 3 new recipes a month had fallen by the wayside for the last couple of weeks so I am ready to get back to that but haven't found a recipe to try this week. I might not make it for December but I do have a new cookie recipe I want to try.  You can find that recipe here Shortbread Pecan Fingers.

Here is my menu plan for this week:
Friday will be out
Saturday is up in the air. I don't know if Greg will be home for dinner so I really am not planning anything.
Sunday: Chicken & Dumplings
Monday: Pot Roast in the slow cooker (it's my treatment day)
Tuesday: Pork chops, boiled potatoes, green beans
Wednesday: Bacon, eggs, grits, toast
Thursday: Tacos, re-fried beans, fries
Friday: Out
Saturday: Loaded baked potato soup, ham sandwiches
Sunday: Meat loaf, mashed potatoes, corn, peas

Have a great week,
Mae

And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.  And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.  For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.  Luke 2: 9-11


  








No comments:

Post a Comment