Blog Header

Blog Header

Friday, February 13, 2015

I Can't Believe It!

It sure has been a long time since I posted but, there was a lot going on.  The holidays happened then I had foot surgery on December 30. I had a torn PT tendon and Plantar Fasciitis. The tendon was repaired and the Plantar Fascia was snipped. It has been a long journey since then and I am now in a boot and on crutches and/or scooter. I have been going to Physical Therapy 3 times a week and the Podiatrist once a week. I am now back at work for 4 hours a day. On the good side of all this I lost 11 pounds while recuperating.

About 2 weeks ago, Greg was working from home to help me out and it was a good thing he was. The neighbors dogs came into our yard and killed about 14 chickens. I really don't understand why when you live in the country you think your dogs can just run wherever they want. These people actually have a fenced in yard and about 8 acres fenced in that their dogs could stay in but they are always outside of their property.  I just don't understand letting them roam that way. Every time I go to work I have to stop and wait for them to get out of the road.

The neighbor was understanding and said he would pay for the replacement of the chickens, but it's really hard to figure out how much a chicken is worth. It costs us $123 to replace them but that is with younger birds that aren't laying yet. We still have to feed them for 6 weeks before they are laying. And then to factor in how many eggs they ones we lost would have laid over the next year and a half is impossible.

I just don't understand it. Please be respectful and keep your dogs contained.

That's all for now.

Have a great day!
Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment