Blog Header

Blog Header

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Planning the Garden

I have ordered some of my seeds, zipper cream peas, and corn. The tomatoes, eggplant, and peppers have been started and are sprouting up pretty well (this were left over from last year’s seeds.) The yin yang beans I saved from last year’s crop.

Potatoes, zucchini, squash, and some herbs still all have to be purchased. Pumpkins and watermelons will be planted in the garden. I did get some seeds and 10 strawberry plants free from work, sugar snaps, beans, watermelon, cantaloupe, jalapeno peppers, and some flowers. I never have much luck with lettuces, radishes or carrots, but I think I will try them in planters this year.

I am really getting spring fever. We are to have a few days of nicer weather but our ground is still so wet we can’t get into the garden yet. Hopefully next weekend.

This weekend will be busy with Easter happenings. We are going to Louisville on Saturday to be with Greg’s family then April is coming over after church on Sunday for Easter dinner.

I hope everyone has a nice Easter…eat lots of eggs!

Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment