Blog Header

Blog Header

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Update on Treatments

I had my first treatment on Tuesday evening using the new drug for Gaucher's Disease. The treatment went really well and we were given a lot of good information. I did however experience a headache the rest of that night and all day yesterday. It feels much better today. I still feel just a little ache, but I can at least deal with that. The enzyme should be out of my system in 48 hours so I am thinking I shouldn't feel any thing after today.

We learned that there is only one or two treatment centers that will be able to offer this enzyme during the time that the old enzyme is unavailable. That means there are over 2000 people out there that aren't going to be able to receive any treatment. I couldn't believe how fast I went downhill with out any enzyme and really am fortunate to be in an area where the treatment is available. Please pray for all of the people out there that will not be given treatment, I know that some of them are in much worse shape than I am in, and can't imagine how they will be able to function in 3 more months.

Thanks,
Mae

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: Philippians 1:6

No comments:

Post a Comment