Blog Header

Blog Header

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Once Again

It has been far too long since I blogged. My treatments are going well, except they seem to give me a headache that last about 36 hours. Oh well, I guess you just can't have everything.

The weather here is starting to turn cooler, and I am getting the house ready for winter. I ordered some heavy curtains for the bedroom windows. We still have older windows in our bedroom, bathroom and kitchen. In the past I have used the plastic film over them that you blow with the blow dryer until it shrinks. But by the middle of winter it seems to start peeling off. So this year I have decided to put thermal curtains on the ones in the bedroom. The bathroom window, I am thinking of trying to put some heavy material on the back side of the curtains I use for that window. I usually only have a valance on that window, but I do have curtains that match. I think I might just make them heavier by adding another layer of fabric to them. I haven't decided what to do for the kitchen window yet.

I need to get a new rug for the living room. When I got the new furniture, the one I had didn't look very good with it. I moved it into the dining room. Now I am afraid that the floor will be pretty chilly in the winter if I don't have something on it. So I am shopping for a new one. I would like one that is very plush and warm.

This weekend I need to remove the cushions and pillows form the furniture on the front porch and give it a good sweep down, before winter. We need to get the pool cover on and the umbrella and cushions from the back patio put away.

I hope you are enjoying your fall.

Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment