Blog Header

Blog Header

Friday, October 30, 2009

Stewardship...

I have been thinking about stewardship for a while now. I have wondered what it really entailed. Does it just mean that we are to tithe our money or is there more to it than that? I have decided that there is much more to it.

I think that whatever God has given us we are to be a good steward of. He has so richly blessed us and we should take care of what we have.

Our Husbands should be:
  • Well loved
  • Honored
  • Well fed
  • Well dressed
  • Well cared for

Our Children should be:
  • Well loved
  • Well dressed
  • Disciplined
  • Mannered
  • Clean
  • Well fed

Our homes should be:
  • Clean, in order and used for His purpose. Entertaining His family, providing a safe haven for your family, meeting the needs of your family
  • In good repair
  • Lawns kept clean & mowed
  • Porches swept and in order

Our vehicles should be:
  • Kept clean and in good repair

Our pets should be:
  • Cared for properly
  • Fed

The land we own should be replenished and cared for.

Our jobs should be done as if He is our boss and we are working for Him. We should be loyal, diligent, prompt, efficient, and just plain hard working.

Our finances should be guarded, our tithe should go to our local church. Even our time should be well spent. No, I don't mean that we should always being doing some great thing, even He rested on the 7th day. Getting rest is part of being a good steward. Because He gave us these earthy bodies and eating right and rest are 2 of the things these bodies need. But do we really need 3 hours of TV a night? Maybe one show a week would be good enough.

These are all things that God has given us and we should do our best for Him. That includes

Even as I sit here typing this blog I am being convicted of things that I am not being a good steward of. Things God has blessed me with that I am not taking care of. And it has really come to my mind that I don't have time to take care of some of the things I own like they should be taken care of. So I am thinking that maybe I don't need these things. If I don't have time to take care of them, do I have time to use them? Our camper is one of the things that comes to my mind. I have a 1977 Avion, it is really cool and I like the idea of having it; but we have used it once in the last 6 years. I really don't enjoy camping as much as I did when my children were little, so why am I keeping it? Surely there is someone that would get much more use and enjoyment out of it than we are.

There are so many other things that I have that aren't really important and aren't being used or cared for as they should be, so why do I have them? I think it is really time to get rid of some things.

I know that sometimes money is tight and things can't be repaired as soon as they break and sometimes your trash is going to blow over on the neighbors lawn. Things happen. But I feel as God's children, people are going to find as many faults with you as they possibly can, why give them more ammunition?

So if you're interested in 1977 Avion, let me know. I think I will be getting rid of a lot of things in near future. Getting my house in order, spending more time taking care of fewer things, working on being a good steward.

I wish you well,
Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment