Blog Header

Blog Header

Friday, October 9, 2009

Getting Ready...

for the weekend. My New Years resolution a couple of years ago was to quit wishing my life away. You know, wishing it was Friday on Monday. So far I have been able to, for the most part, stick to that resolution. I am still happy when Friday rolls around and today is no exception. I am ready for the weekend. That is when I get to stay home and nest.

Women have it their make-up to want to nest. God designed us that way. The best time of my life was when I stayed home with my children and watched them grow into the fine young adults that they are now. And I can't wait until I can retire and stay home again.

This weekend I plan to cook some chicken in the crock pot. I want to make chicken & dumplings and have enough left over to make chicken and rice or a chicken casserole later in the week. We will have left over chicken and dumplings for our lunches next week. I think I may make some honey wheat bread in the bread machine and do some baking.

Tomorrow morning will be spent cleaning and doing laundry. I hope we have a day without rain, it would be nice to hang the sheets on the line.

I need to do the throw rugs this weekend. Every other weekend I wash them and hang them on the line to dry, then on the off week I throw them in the dryer of fluff to beat the loose dirt out of them. This method sure saves on the wear and tear and keeps them nice and clean.

Winter clothes need to be brought downstairs and washed. Summer clothes need to go upstairs. Sandals need to be put up and winter shoes and boots bought out of storage. I usually clean and polish my shoes before storing them for the season. But the ones that have been stored will need to be dusted for sure.

My office has an herb garden and a few weeks ago, I picked some rosemary and dried it. I have a pint of rosemary leaves. Today I cut some more to use fresh and some sage, and it looks like unless we get a frost I may be able to get more. It is a wonderful feeling to get fresh ingredients for free.

I hope you enjoy your weekend.
Mae

She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard. Proverbs 31:16

No comments:

Post a Comment