Blog Header

Blog Header

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas is Coming!

I am getting excited about Christmas, now that most of the shopping is done. I still have a few stocking stuffers to get. And one more present for Dixie. Whew! Glad that's almost done! I will be off the 23rd through the 1st. Then I will finish up getting ready!

Saturday will be cleaning day. I have to get the upstairs cleaned and ready for the kids when they get here. It looks like I will have a treatment on Tuesday of the study drug and then go back to the old drug after the first of the year.

Wednesday, I will go do the last bit of grocery shopping and gift shopping and then the rest of the day will be spent on baking.

This is my list of cookies:
Icebox cookies
Chocolate Chip cookies
Oatmeal raisin cookies
I will also make fudge and a chocolate/pecan/marshmallow log.

Then I will have to make whatever is needed to take to Louisville for Christmas eve.

We usually do a traditional Christmas ham on Christmas day. I usually make homemade mac & cheese, zipper cream peas, green beans and corn. This year I think I will make rice pilaf. I am still not sure about the desserts, Pecan pie is a given, then maybe apple pie, and a recipe I just found Caramel-Pecan Chocolate Dessert.




Looks really good doesn't it. I might give it a try. It is on Betty Crocker's website if you are interested.

I will be glad when Daniel & Larissa get here. I do look forward to spending a little more time than we got to spend at Thanksgiving with them.

Have a wonderful Christmas.



And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. Luke 2: 9-14

No comments:

Post a Comment