Blog Header

Blog Header

Friday, February 12, 2010

The Perfect Wife - 2

10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life. Proverbs 31: 10 - 12


No, I am not claiming to be the perfect wife, in fact I am far from it even though my sweet husband disagrees, I know my self better. I am just hoping to compare myself honestly to God's standards and make some improvements. Looking into God's mirror to examine my true self. It is not easy to pick out your faults and try to improve them, but it must be done. Proverbs 31 is a mirror of what God wants us to be as Godly, virtuous women.


Back to where I left off. So that he shall have no need of spoil. Spoil in the bible is money gotten from some way other than working. Usually it was from a battle, or robbery. These days, it's from credit cards, loan companies and the like. It means living beyond you means. Now I have never been one that loved shopping or had to have the latest and greatest fashion, but I have not always been the best shopper either. I will work harder at living within our means. Try to find ways to cut back more, earn extra cash when possible. I don't want to be living off of "spoils". That word is a really fitting word, women who are spoiled financially, are often living off of spoils.


She will do him good and not evil all the days of HER life. The word HER really struck me as I was typing it. You might think it would say HIS life. Most men die before their wives do. You can do evil to someone even after they have died. I have seen spouses, men and women, who have done evil to their spouses after they died. I know someone that after their spouse died, told their children what a terrible parent the spouse had been, and how horrible their marriage had been. How do you think that made the children feel?


Doing them good and not evil-Since studying this, I have tried to ask myself on a daily basis, am I doing him good. Doing him good means, to me, more than just keeping him fed and clothed. It means helping him to do what needs to be done so that he can concentrate on his work when he is at work. Or helping him to be what God would have him be. I had a pastor once, that said a woman's role is that of the Holy Spirit in the marriage. We can influence our husbands in ways that sometimes we are not even aware of. Make sure you are influencing your husbands in good ways. Pray for him, love him, and care for him.


Until next time.
Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment