Blog Header

Blog Header

Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Perfect Wife

10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. 11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. 12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life. Proverbs 31: 10-12
I have been studying Proverbs 31 for a while now but recently came across a new book on this chapter of the bible and am trying my best to learn everything I can about the woman God wants me to be.
One of the first things that struck me was Ruth is the only woman I can find that the bible actually calls virtuous. So I began studying the book of Ruth. What a remarkable woman she was. When her husband died and she could have gone back to her family, she stayed with her mother in law saying, for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God. You have to understand that Ruth needed a Redeemer and Naomi didn't have any other sons for her to marry and was too old to have more sons. And even if she did Ruth would have had to wait a long time to marry again and Naomi knew she couldn't wait that long. So Ruth went to work gleaning, (She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens Proverbs 31:15) the fields of Boaz. She worked hard and Boaz saw how worthy she was and became her Redeemer. Her price was far above rubies.
The next verse speaks about trust. Can your husband truly trust you. Can he tell you anything, bear his soul to you with the complete confidence that you are the only person that will ever hear what he is telling you? Do you keep his confidences? I know that when you have a good girl friend sometimes it's easy to let things about your husband slip. She starts saying things about her husband and the next thing you know you're telling things you shouldn't tell. I have always tried to never say anything bad about my husband. I really believe that if you say something enough times you begin to believe it, whether it is true or not. Guard what you say about your husband. There have been times that I have teased my husband in front of others and said things that embarrassed him, and I regret those moments.
Can your husband trust you with financial matters? Or are you one of those women who can only be happy with material things. I know several women who have spent and spent their husbands hard earned money until the husband can no longer trust them. If you are a shopaholic, I would suggest that you consider why that makes you happy. Material things come and go, but if taken care of properly a husband's love will last forever.
I am writing these things for myself. Please don't take offense to anything I say here. If you are interested in this study, I will be posting more as I learn more.
Let's all be the Women God is Looking For.
Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment