Blog Header

Blog Header

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

More

She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard. Proverbs 31: 16

While the Proverbs woman did work mainly at home, here is where the bible actually shows her making money. She planted a vineyard. This would have taken her outside the home for a period of time. We all know that if you are working out in the garden it is very hard to spend time on your normal chores. She was wise in the fact that she chose a field and planted it in a vineyard. Once the vineyard was established her work would have been lighter and for a season every year. It didn't take her totally away from home.

I have said before that when my children were little I did stay home with them. Now that they are grown and on their own, I work away from home. I must confess that I long to be home. But for this season, I will work away from my home. When the bills are all paid off and my retirement is set I will stay home again.

I believe that this verse shows us that even if you are a stay at home mom, you should find ways to make extra money. There are lots for ways you can make a little extra. I am always searching for ways to make extra money. Last year I designed and layed out a show bill for a local theater company, I do surveys on-line, I do rebates, and clip coupons, I sell eggs from our chickens. There are so many ways that you can make a little extra, or save money on things that you have to buy. (A penny saved is a penny earned.) If you can't think of ways to earn money, think of ways to save money.

I have started keeping track this year of the things I get for free. I have only been doing it for a couple of weeks but the list is getting impressive.
So far:
2 gallons milk
Oreos
Oreo Cakesters
Gum
14 servings of instant coffee
4 full size Olay products
1 Olay sample
Puffs tissues
Toothpaste

These are things that I got for free with very little time or effort put in. I have also gotten $60.00 from rebates and surveys. I know that is not a lot, but it is enough for a little treat or to throw on a bill or put in savings (my number one choice). I am trying to put all of my survey and rebate money in savings this year just to see how much I make doing those two things.

I hope you have a great day!
Mae


1 comment:

  1. Dear Miss Mae,
    After my extensive hiatus from blogging I have to tell you on my return yours was one of the first I could not wait to read again. You are my inspiration in life and I missed your blog so much. I hope you are enjoying working away from home. There are a lot of years behind me when I had to do the same. Like you I did long to be at home, but it was also a rewarding experience. I hope you are doing well and I hope we can get caught up again.

    Missed you!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete