Blog Header

Blog Header

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

05/11/2011

People let you down. That’s just how it is. I’ve seen lots of post on Face book lately about people feeling let down by people they love. Well, all I can say is it happens. People are people and that’s all there is to it.

Most of the time people can only let you down when you expect more of them than they can give. Be it because they are not able to or just don’t want to do what you expect from them, they just can’t or won’t give you what you want.

Of course you do have expectations from some people that are reasonable. It’s reasonable to expect a parent to love you and nurture you. You expect your spouse to love you, support you, be there for you, the list is just too long to keep going. But truthfully sometimes we just expect too much.

People are going to let you down if your expectations are too high.

No one is perfect, including you. You have probably let people down, too. Most times it’s not intentional, but face it, you have let someone down at some point in time. Are your expectations of yourself as high as your expectations of others? If you do you might even want to cut yourself some slack.

In my life, I have discovered that there is only one who will never let you down, who will always be there for you, who will always love you, no matter what. That is our precious Lord and Savior. I sometimes think our expectations of Him are too low. But He is the only one that will still be there when you feel like no one else is. He alone can comfort the heart that has been broken.

Psalm 18:2
The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. Psalm 18:2

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

Mae

1 comment:

  1. This was such a blessing. Thank you, Aunt Mae. i needed that. *big hugs*

    ReplyDelete