Blog Header

Blog Header

Monday, July 25, 2011

Wonderful Weekend

This was a great weekend. Friday night we did the grocery shopping on the the way home from work. We had a quick dinner after we got home and got the groceries put away. I had coupons on strawberries so I bought 3 quarts and after dinner I made strawberry jam. Then I crushed the blackberries and set them to drain overnight. Saturday morning I got up and made blackberry jelly and cleaned the house and did laundry. I had to go get my driver's license renewed and I was the only person there. So it took less than 15 minutes. It's great to live in a small town! Then we went to CVS to do a little coupon shopping, got everything I wanted and was out of there pretty fast.

When we got back home April, Pete and Lily were coming over to get in the pool. I didn't want to get to involved in making jam again so I prepared squash for the freezer. When the kids got there we spent the rest of the afternoon in the pool. We grilled hamburgers and hotdogs for dinner. Then we went out to the garden and picked squash for her to take home. After they left, I made peach jam.



Sunday morning was church, then we went to look at a stove. I am thinking of buying a gas stove, but I didn't like it. We went home and weeded the flower beds and put down some mulch. Then it was more pool time.

Sunday night I started some zucchini to dehydrate and when I got up this morning it was all done.

This weekend I made 11 pints of jams/jelly; put 3 quarts of squash in the freezer and dehydrated 4 large zucchini. Not too bad for a hot, sticky weekend.

Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment