Blog Header

Blog Header

Friday, September 9, 2011

Changing Season's

You can definitely tell that fall is just around the corner. It has been cool and drizzley here all week. I think the sun hasn't shone here since Sunday. The change of weather has me ready to start cooking, baking and cleaning. I guess my seasonal clock is out of whack. I should have wanted to clean in the spring, but it doesn't usually hit me then. In the spring, all I seem to want to do is be outside. To heck with cleaning, I've been stuck in the house for months!

This fall, I hope to get the upstairs portion of the house de-cluttered and rearranged.

We have one room that has always been the office, one room that has 2 beds in it, and one room that has 1 bed in it. Our old house has very limited closet space in it. We have one closet under the stairs that we built when redoing the house and one closet upstairs that has no insulation or dry wall in it. It is in the room with the 2 beds and one of the beds is in front of the door to that closet.

I am going to buy a new computer desk for the office and move the twin bed into the office. Then we will move the sewing desk into the middle bedroom and the closet will be assessable. We are going to add insulation and drywall or paneling and a hanging rod then we will have a real closet upstairs. I am really excited about this. We are also thinking about building another closet in that room. It is going to require a lot of clearing out. It would be nice to have a little sitting area upstairs, as that is where you can really see the views of our property. That will take some more thought.

On the plans for this weekend is cleaning upstairs, making some apple bread and more banana bread. I think I will make a pot of soup, just haven't decided what kind, yet, and some Apple Dumplings.

Here is the recipe for Apple Dumplings: (the easy way)

Apple Dumplings

2 (8 count) cans crescent rolls
3 -4 tart apples
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 (12 ounce) can Mountain Dew soda (I used only 3/4 can)

Directions:

Spray a 13x9 baking dish or pan.
Peel and slice apples into 16 pieces.
Roll each apple slice in 1 section of crescent roll.
Place rolled slices in pan in two rows, put extras along side.
Melt butter, add sugar and cinnamon and pour over apples.
Pour can of Mountain Dew over all.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

I know this doesn't sound very good, but it is delicious and I have halved the recipe because it really does make a lot.

I got this recipe from Food.com today, but I can't remember where I got it from the first time.

I hope you try it and enjoy!

Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment