Blog Header

Blog Header

Monday, January 30, 2012

Sloppy Chicken

The real recipe is called Elegant and Easy chicken. But my family likes to call it sloppy chicken. I found this recipe a long time ago and I really don't remember where I found it. But it quickly became one of my daughter's favorite. I am sure I have made alterations to the original recipe, but here is my version.

Chicken (1 whole, cut into pieces or 6 small boneless, skinless chicken breast)
1 can sloppy Joe sauce
1 can mushrooms
1 medium onion
1 sloppy Joe sauce can of water
2 tbs. oil (your choice)

Brown chicken in skillet using 2 tbs oil. Remove chicken from pan and pour off oil. Place chicken back in pan, add onions and allow to wilt. Pour sloppy Joe sauce and 1 can of water on top. Top with mushrooms and simmer until chicken is done. Time will vary if you use bone-in chicken vs. boneless, skinless.

I usually serve with rice pilaf, and a green vegetable.

Even though it has sloppy Joe sauce, it only taste a little like sloppy Joe's.

Enjoy,
Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment