Blog Header

Blog Header

Friday, May 31, 2013

Red Clover Lemonade

When I first saw the recipe for red clover lemonade I was intrigued to say the least.  That was over a year ago and I just got around to trying it last weekend.  Let me tell you it is awesome.

The recipe is:
3 cups red clover blossoms
4 cups water
1 1/4 cup lemon juice
4 Tbsp. honey

Wash clover blossoms and boil 5-7 minutes in 4 cups of water. Strain into pitcher. (I used my wire sieve lined with paper towels. Add lemon juice and honey (it was still pretty tangy to me so I added 1/4 cup sugar.)  Refrigerate until chilled. Serve over ice.



The funny thing to me was that when you boil the red clover the liquid is green, but when you add it to the lemon juice it turns the pretty shade of pink.  This is the best pink lemonade I've ever had.

Red clover is supposed to be very good for you.  You must give this a try.

Have a great day!
Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment