Blog Header

Blog Header

Friday, July 19, 2013

Harvesting

It is a busy time around our house. We went on vacation for about a week and a half and had lots of fun with our children, grandchildren, my brothers ans sisters and their spouses and a few nieces, nephews and their children and grandchildren.

Since we got home it has been back to work in the day time and picking things from the garden in the evening.  I think the bees are really helping us with our harvest this year.  I haven't had squash and zucchini last this long and look so healthy in a really long time.  We are picking them every other day.  I have picked one batch of fresh green beans. The tomatoes are beginning to turn red (I can't wait for the first one). And I will be picking black berries this weekend.  I hope there will be enough right for a batch of jelly. And the herbs are growing like crazy.  Here is a picture of some drying in the window.


Drying Herbs
 Tonight I cut, Thyme, Rosemary, Sage, Basil and Oregano.  I started to get out the dehydrator to dry them but I decided this way it wouldn't cost anything and use no extra electricity.  Win/win for me. And did I mention how good they smell, makes me want to cook something.

It has been really hot here, in the mid 90's all week. We have been in the pool as much as possible which hasn't been very much. But it's nice to be able to get into it.

Have a good week.
Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment