Blog Header

Blog Header

Monday, September 16, 2013

Grounded

I have been grounded. And I am not liking it one bit. I have a severe case of Plantar Fasciitis.  25% of my Plantar Fascia is gone! Now I knew I had been having a lot of pain when I walked for any length of time and I had been diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis before and been put in a brace when I sleep. But that was years ago and this pain just wasn't the same.  So I went to an Orthopedic Dr. who did x-rays and an MRI.  After the Dr. looked at the results he put me in a boot that I have to keep on for every step I take. I can only be up for 10 minutes at a time and for a total of 2 hours per day.  Do you know how hard that is to do?  It is a total bummer!  But it has made me realize a couple of things. 1. I am very thankful that this is a temporary thing.  I am blessed to have both of my feet that I have spent over 50 years walking on.  2. I am not a very good patient.  I can not bring myself to sleep in this thing so I am cheating just a little when that 3am bathroom visit occurs I just don't have time to put that boot on before I go (I've reached that time in my life when that call comes at 3am there just isn't a lot of time to get where you need to go.) 3. I have more pride than I thought I did.  I just can't bring myself to get in that little thing that you drive around the grocery store.  I can see that I am going to have to at some point because we are going to need food. So at some point I will have to do some serious grocery shopping.

Apparently the only cure for this is to let God do the healing and stay off my foot so that He can heal it.

The Lord is teaching me a few things right now and hopefully I will be a quick learner.

1.  I need to learn some patience.
2.  To give up some of my pride.
3.  Learn that I am not super woman and I can't do everything.
4.  A clean house is not the most important thing right now.
5.  You can get a lot done in 10 minutes if you try hard.

Have a great day!
Mae


No comments:

Post a Comment