Blog Header

Blog Header

Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

It has been a really nice, busy weekend. We managed to get most of the garden planted, the pool is open, flowers are planted and laundry is done.

We drove to Frankfort on Saturday evening for dinner with Greg's brother and SIL. It was a nice ride and we really enjoyed the visit. Sunday was church. We had nursery duty and that was fun. Then we came home and planted the garden. It was so hot we thought we'd get in the pool. We made if for about 15 minutes but the water is still pretty cool. Maybe by next weekend it will be warmer.

I am trying to do some un-cluttering. I am a clutterer at heart. I do get emotionally attached to things. I have a hard time letting go. But I am showing some progress. I have 2 things from my kitchen that I am going to get rid of. I can't believe it. I am also going to go through my china hutch and get rid of some of the stuff in it. At least 1 set of dishes has to go. I think it will be the china that I bought at a yard sale years ago. It is a nice set but it just isn't my style.

I hope you all have a great Memorial Day. Thank the military that you come in contact with. Go Navy!

Mae

1 comment:

  1. Hi Miss Mae :)
    You've been doing all the same stuff around the house that we've been doing (except the pool), we don't have a pool. It's been raining here for 2 solid days, they said about 4 more days of it. The well needs it, but I don't :)I've missed visiting your blog. I was reading your list for Daniel below and I do a lot of those same things at home to cut costs and save our water. That was good advice you left him :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog and welcoming me back, I'm really glad to be back and I hope I can stay this time :)
    Love
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete