Blog Header

Blog Header

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Autumn

I know it's only the end of August, but I find myself looking toward fall. Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. It's a time when things are winding down. The grass doesn't grow as fast, and doesn't need to mowed as often. Gardens are dwindling, leaves are falling, the air turns cooler and things seem to become more simple and relaxed.

I am already thinking of decorating for fall...pumpkins, corn, leaves. I start thinking of the soups and hearty meals that go so well in the fall. I can't wait for the first pot of chicken soup! It's always nice to come home to a hot meal already prepared and a warm, cozy house.

We are going to the commissary soon, to stock up on things. We haven't been to the commissary in 2 years I think. It will be a nice trip. I am really kind of excited about going. It's always a pleasure to be back in a military environment.

I think I will look at all my fall decorations this weekend and maybe even put out a few. Start changing things around a little just do some general cleaning and puttering about the house.

I hope you have a great weekend!
Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment