Blog Header

Blog Header

Friday, August 21, 2009

Friends

I recently joined Facebook and I have to say that it is truly amazing how many people want to be your "Friend". People that you forgot about long ago, until you see their name pop up, cousins that you didn't know how to get in touch with, class mates from high school, and friends from churches you no longer attend or have moved away from.

It is really good to reconnect with some of them, but not all. Some just want to see what you've been up to, not really be your "friend". In just a matter of weeks I have 80 friends, I forgot that I even knew that many people. Of course, a lot of them are nieces, nephews and sisters. We have always kept in touch because we have a very close family. But it is really nice to be able to jump on FB and keep up with how everyone is doing on a daily basis.

My sister has been really sick because of our disease and it was very convenient for us to leave each other post about her condition and read the post her daughters left for us.

I even have one friend that I met from reading her blog. I treasure her friendship. I know that seems odd since we have never met, but when you read some one's blog you really get to know their soul. Their thoughts, concerns, priorities and loves. My blog friend has a very sweet soul. I always enjoy reading her blogs and get concerned when I don't see post from her on a regular basis. Not that I think that she should blog every day, but I always hope she does. We all have lives outside of the Internet.

I really want to think about friendship today, friends come into our lives when we don't expect it and sometimes go out of lives just as easily.

One friend we have sticketh closer than a brother, our Lord. He is there always and forever. And best of all will always love us, even when we are unlovable.

The bible also says that to have friends we must show our selves friendly.

Treasure your friends and be a friend today.

Mae

A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.Proverbs 18:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment