Blog Header

Blog Header

Friday, January 14, 2011

Long Weekend

This is a long weekend for me and I am ready for the break. I really don't know why, I had almost 2 full weeks off at Christmas, you'd think I would be well rested and ready to go.

Tonight I will do some grocery shopping at my favorite little store. They have boneless skinless chicken breast on sale for $1.79/pound. I plan on stocking up on that. Then tomorrow will be a trip into town to do some shopping at CVS. I am trying really hard to keep my grocery budget even lower this year. I plan on stocking up on meat during the winter and am working on planning the garden for the summer.

I hope to have more success with potatoes & corn this summer. We are actually thinking about planting a whole garden with nothing but corn. Maybe then the raccoons will leave some for us.

We also need to purchase more chickens. Our egg production has been greatly reduced, partly because we have lost some chickens to predators and some of our chickens are getting pretty old. We have friends from Africa that says we should eat them, but I worry about how tough they would be. And they have been kind of like pets.

I hope to get out the seed catalogs this weekend and place an order. One catalog has a $25.00 coupon on it and I don't want it to go to waste.

I hope you enjoy your weekend!
Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment