Blog Header

Blog Header

Thursday, February 10, 2011

2/10/2011

Can you live a life without stress? I have been stressing out a lot lately. And of course it is over finances. My husband is on a new pay schedule at work and getting use to it has been very stressful. He used to get paid on the 1st and the 15th. Now it is every other week. I get paid every other week also and as life would have we don’t get paid on the same week. That sounded good at first, a paycheck every Friday. But when it comes down to actually working out the bill schedule on paper it just didn’t seem to work for me. We still had a lot of bills to pay this month when we usually pay most of them on the first of the month, (He also gets his military retirement on the first.) No matter what I did there were still a lot of bills left over after the first. Then it dawned on me that he hadn’t gotten paid this month. He still has 2 checks and I have one coming in this month. Hallelujah!

My point is I caused a lot of my own stress over this issue. I should have just been trusting God instead of wondering how we were even going to tithe much less pay the rest of the bills. I am now wondering how much of the stress in our lives is caused by not trusting God. He promises to meet our needs, but we are living well beyond our needs and while we are working on changing that we should also trust that He will see us through it.

I recently had some stress because of a mistake I had made. I spent a whole weekend stressed out over it and do you know what? Not one thing came of it! I sometimes wonder if this is what He was talking about when He said “Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.” Matthew 6:34 I know it is talking about not worrying about our needs but I think any worry is wrong. I don’t expect that I will ever attain a worry free life, but I must realize that the worry and stress I add to my life are just that. Worry and stress I added. I pray that I would be trusting in my Lord, and that I would depend on Him more and myself less. And I hope that I can help others to see that worry and stress are things we should work on getting rid of our lives. That old song had it right. Don’t Worry be Happy. It is pretty hard to be happy when you are worried.

Have a happy day!

Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment