Blog Header

Blog Header

Thursday, February 17, 2011

2/17/2010

One of my husband's favorite dishes is a recipe called Pizza Hot Dish. I have modified it from what the original recipe was, but it has been so long since a friend came across the recipe that I don't remember what the original recipe was. Any way here is my version.

2 pounds ground beef
2 jars spaghetti sauce (I use the cheap stuff because it really doesn't matter in this recipe)
1 small can tomato paste (sometimes I leave it out if I don't have it on hand)
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 package egg noodles
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
Mozzarella cheese
Salt & pepper to taste

Brown ground beef with onions until no longer pink. Drain, add spaghetti sauce, tomato paste, garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Simmer on low until noodles are done.
Boil noodles until done. Drain, add cheddar cheese soup and a handful of Mozzarella cheese. Stir until well mixed and cheese is melted.
Add ground beef mixture to noodles and stir well. Pour into a 9X13 pan (or 2 smaller pans), top with remaining Mozzarella cheese (or desired amount). Bake at 350 until cheese is melted.

Serve with a salad and garlic bread.

Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment