Blog Header

Blog Header

Thursday, January 31, 2013

1/31/13



It is just about to get frigid here again.  Tomorrow morning it is supposed to be 10 degrees.  I have to admit I was really enjoying the warmer weather.  The cold just makes me wish even more for Spring to hurry up and get here.   And since my New Year’s resolution several years ago was to stop wishing my life away,  I have to get that under control.  It is just so hard to enjoy the winter with its lack of sunshine and cold weather.

I have been experimenting more with my Cricut and here are pictures of a couple of things I have done. 




Unlike last January when I tried not to spend much on groceries, I decide to keep to my normal budget and see how much I could stock up on.  I have managed to be quite a bit of meat.  Last week I bought 11 meals of meat (not counting leftovers) for $42.00.  I  have already cooked 2 of those meals and came up with enough leftovers to have lunches for the both of us for 4 days.  So that already makes it 15 meals instead of 11.

This weekend since it is supposed to be cold and snowing I think I will make a pot of soup.  I just haven’t decide which kind to make yet. 

I am back at trying new recipes even though I didn’t make it to 3 new recipes in January, I did manage one new recipe.  

Here is the recipe I tried:

Berry Cobbler

Two 12-oz bags frozen mixed berries/peaches
1 box white cake mix
Approximately 1 can of diet 7-up or other clear soda 
Place frozen fruit in a 9x13 baking dish. Add dry cake mix over the top. Pour soda slowly over cake mix. DO NOT stir, this will give you a crust.
Bake 350 for 45-50 min or longer until berries are cooked.

I used peaches and strawberries and sprite zero from a 20 oz. bottle.  I think the next time I will add most of the bottle, I still had dry spots on the cake mix.  It was pretty good the first night we ate it but was only okay as leftovers.  When we reheated it in the microwave it got pretty gooey, where it had been a little crisp the first night. Next time I try it it will be for a larger crowd so I will not have many leftovers.

Have a good day.
Mae


No comments:

Post a Comment