Blog Header

Blog Header

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Decluttering

I don't know why it always happens in the Fall instead of Spring, but I always get the cleaning out & decluttering bug in the Fall. I guess it's because I know the holidays are coming and there will be more things coming into the house. I have had a few things sitting around that I haven't used in quite a while so I am getting rid of them.  I took a load to Good Will on Sunday. And plan to take another load this coming weekend.

I have also found that selling some of the items that I want to get rid of on Facebook is proving to be pretty easy.  It's much better than setting up a yard sale. You just take a picture of your item, post it on a local Buy/Sale/Trade page and wait for people to respond. The things I have sold on Facebook, have brought me more money than if I had had a yard sale.  Now I know I probably could have sold some of the little things that I took to Good Will at a yard sale, but they would have probably only brought $0.25 and I have made enough money selling the things on Facebook to cover those little things that I donated to Good Will.

This time of year every penny counts and the tax deduction that I will get from the donations will cover anything that I didn't make on those little things. Some people will want to barter with you and that's good. I would barter, too if I saw something I wanted. It seems easier to barter when you aren't face to face with someone. 

If you are trying to declutter and make a few bucks along the way, give the Facebook groups a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Have a great day!
Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment