Blog Header

Blog Header

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Holidays-Fast Approaching


I don’t know how it is sneaking up on me so fast. Usually by now I have at least figured out what I am buying and have bought a few gifts. But this year, I am already behind.  And there just isn’t as much time between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. I have my Christmas budget all figured out and my menu for Thanksgiving and Christmas planned.  But even the days that we are getting together with extended family hasn’t been planned. But it’s all alright, because it will all come together. 

April and I have narrowed down a weekend for our “Annual Baking” day.  And I have come up with some easy, cute semi-homemade things to go with the regular items on our baking list. Like these Nutter Butter Reindeer from Pinterest.  





These Grinch Kabobs will be on the menu for Christmas Eve when we usually just do appetizers and finger foods.

There are so many things left to do before the kids come home and so I really need to get busy. Tonight we will be grinding deer meat into hamburger. Greg has killed his second deer this year and he hopes to get at least one more doe for the freezer. We hope to thin them out so our garden stands a chance next year. I am thankful that we have all this meat in the freezer.

This weekend April and I are taking a trip to the outlet mall, with my sisters-in law, and going to a craft show before that. Hopefully we can knock out some Christmas shopping on Saturday. 

I am trying really hard to get all of my physical shopping done by December 1st. I may still have to do some online shopping but I don't want to HAVE to go shopping after that.  I also want to get a lot of my cookie dough made and frozen before actual baking day.  I want to be able to enjoy the month of December and not be stressed out by having a lot of things hanging over my head.  This is a time to celebrate our Savior's birth and that is hard to do when there are so many things to be done.

Have a great day!
Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment