Blog Header

Blog Header

Friday, November 22, 2013

Baking Season

The Holiday Season seems to be so short this year.  There are only 26 days between Thanksgiving and Christmas. This has put me in a betwixt and between state. I want to start baking but it's still too early. I want to start decorating for Christmas, but Thanksgiving isn't here yet. I have been able to get a few gifts purchased and hopefully will be able to get the majority done on Black Friday.

My chocolate covered cherries are done and in the fridge.  But most of the things I want to bake will not last for month unless I freeze them and with 2 deer in the freezer, I am limited on freezer space.  I think I will mix up a couple of batches of cookie dough and get them in the freezer, since it will not hurt to squish them in small spaces.

My baking list this year is as follows:
  Icebox cookies
  Sugar cookies
  Chocolate covered cherries
  Fudge
  Rolo Pretzel Turtles
  Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Bug cookies)
  Peanut Brittle
  Cornflake Cookies
  Wedding Cookies
  Cheese Straws

April I will be getting together to do some baking but you can only do so much in a day. So I will have to start getting some of it done, soon.

Hope you baking season is coming together.
Mae













No comments:

Post a Comment