Blog Header

Blog Header

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Resolutions

Do you make New Year's Resolutions? About 10 years ago my New Year's Resolution was to never make another one. I was successful until last year. Last year's resolution was to accept any free food offered to me. I didn't mean to accept every cookie or candy I was offered. I was thinking more about the abundance of fruit and vegetables that have been offered me in the past. I usually didn't make time to go get it. This year I only turned down one thing and that was green beans from a neighbor. I was buried in garden work of my own and didn't get the time to go pick them.

I did find myself with more peaches and apples than I really knew what to do with. I made more jams, jellies and pie filling than we can possibly eat in a year, but I'll send some home with the kids when they go. We have enough vegetables from our freezer to last all year. And it has really helped with our grocery bill.

I can't decide what resolution to make this year. I do have a few in mind, but I don't make more than one a year. I would like to hear some of your ideas. If they aren't too personal. And I will even share mine a little later.

I hope you have a happy New Year!


May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face;the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand.
traditional gaelic blessing

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mae :)
    I think your idea of just one resolution is a good one. This way we don't feel so overwhelmed at our list of changes to make.

    Mine were more of a spiritual nature, you can read them here if you'd like to http://theoldoakswing.blogspot.com/2008/12/seeds-of-growth.html

    Have a blessed day!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete