Blog Header

Blog Header

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Resolution & Update

I finally decided on my resolution. It is to be more health conscience. I am trying to drink more water, eat more vegetables, check my blood sugar levels more often and just keep a better eye on what I am doing with my health.

It has been a really great Christmas season here. The kids were here until Saturday. Then Monday it was back to work after 2 weeks off. It really is hard to get back in the swing of things. I think some of that is because I didn't have my treatment last week when it was due. My nurse was on vacation and so was I. I will have it this Thursday and I am really ready for it. I have Gaucher's disease and am on enzyme replacement therapy. I have an IV treatment every 4 weeks that last 3.5 hours. By the time the 4th week rolls around I start running out of juice. It has been 5 weeks since my last one and with being so busy with the kids, I am really tired now. If you are interested in learning about Gaucher's here is a link: http://www.gaucherdisease.org/what_is.php





This is a picture of Dixie (3 yrs) and Lily (8 weeks). We had their pictures taken while Dixie was here for Christmas! Dixie belongs to my son Daniel & his wife Larissa, Lily is my daughter April's and her husband Pete. They are the most precious and beautiful things I have ever seen! (Okay, I know every grandmother says the same thing!)

I hope you have a great week!

Mae

May the road rise up to meet you.May the wind be always at your back.May the sun shine warm upon your face;the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goals Mae, I know it's difficult, I'm going through a lot of diet changes myself right now. It'll get better as you go though.

    The grandchildren are adorable! You have every right to be proud of the babies :)

    I'll read up on Gaucher Disease via the link you shared one day this week. This way I'll understand more when I read your posts ;)

    Take care and have a blessed evening!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mae, I came across your blog tonight. My daughter was just diagnosed with Gaucher's type 3 this afternoon, and I'd love to get more detail on the Enzyme replacement therapy since we are getting ready to start that once the insurance stuff is settled.

    Nice to meet you!

    Carrie
    http://www.littlemisshannah.com

    ReplyDelete