Blog Header

Blog Header

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

3/30/2011

Last week we spent with our kids and it was a great week. On Monday we visited Carter Caves in eastern Kentucky and went to Ashland for the day. Tuesday we went to Louisville to have dinner with my husband's family. Wednesday we went to Maysville KY and walked around the old town there. Thursday we went to the Creation Museum in Petersburg KY. Friday we went to Lexington shopping. Saturday we went to the Amish store near our house. Sunday Daniel & Larissa went home.

We did a lot of eating out at little places in small towns. We ate at C.J. Maggie's http://www.cj-maggies.com/ in Ashland. I had one of the biggest sandwiches I had ever tried to eat and it was delicious. I didn't really care for their homemade chips, but didn't have enough room to eat them anyway. Larissa had a calzone, Daniel had a fish sandwich, Greg had a 3 pigs and a chicken. It was all really good and really big. And the prices were very reasonable.

We ate at Pasquale's in Maysville. Again there was too much food and very reasonable prices. It is an Italian restaurant. The food was pretty good, not as good as Olive Garden but for the price it comes in really close.

We did go to Olive Garden, a Chinese restaurant in Louisville, Long John Silvers and Eduardo's. It's been a long time since we have eaten out so much. I did manage to bake a turkey, cook pork roast and rice, shredded pork bbq, and fried chicken with the trimmings. I think I gained 10 pounds over the week.

We did have a lot of fun with the grand girls. They were fun together. I don't know if you know what a "tickle hill" is, but they both do. They are little hills that kinda of make your stomach flop when you go over them fast. They both begged for tickle hills when we went out. It was pretty funny.

All in all it was a great week and we are pretty tired from it all. It is Wednesday now and I think I am about to get caught up.

Mae

2 comments:

  1. Mae,I can't remember if I have already made this comment or just planned to make it, lol! I don't think I did, so here is is:
    I want to thank you for something you said in one of your posts. You mentioned putting coupons in a notebook that you carry with you. It was like a blinding light going off in my head. I have so many things that I never can put my hands on, like directions, coupons, lists, receipts for things I need to take back, etc., and like I said, I never know where they are. After reading your post, I went into my stamp room and grabbed a large notebook that I used as my scrapbooking sample book when I was a Stampin' Up! demonstrator. I pulled out all the samples from the page protectors and started putting stuff in, such as coupons. Now I have everything I need with me in the car in one place, and when I need something I have it. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You have saved my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it. I have a binder that I'll have to show you in July. I use baseball card holders to hold the coupons and it has been a life saver for me, too. I can't take credit for the idea but it is great always knowing where my coupon for that tube of toothpaste is.

    ReplyDelete