Blog Header

Blog Header

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

My Bread Machine

Last year I was in the market for a new bread machine. I wanted one that made a loaf of bread that looked like a loaf of bread. I did a lot of research and finally decide on this one from Amazon Breadman Bread Machine. I must say I love this machine. It makes a wonderful, soft loaf of bread. It also comes with 2 one pound loaf pans which I have never used because when I make the large loaf we eat it all, because it is so good.  I don't usually make bread in the summer so I am glad that the weather is cooling off a bit. Cause I am ready for some homemade bread.
This is the recipe that I use from the booklet that came with the machine:

*I do add 1/4 tsp of vital wheat gluten.

BASIC WHITE BREAD
Ingredients  2-LB.
1½ cups Water (80°F – 90°F)
3 tbsp. Unsalted butter or margarine, cut in pieces 
1 tbsp. Sugar
3 tbsp. Dry skim milk powder
1¼ tsp.  Salt
4 cups Bread flour 
1½ tsp. Bread machine yeast 

1. Measure ingredients into bread pan in the order listed.
2. Insert bread pan securely into baking chamber; close lid. Plug unit into wall outlet.
3. Select WHITE. Choose loaf size and desired crust color. Press the START/STOP button.
4. The complete signal will sound when bread is done.
5. Using pot holders remove bread pan from baking chamber and carefully remove bread from pan.     (If kneading paddle remains in bread, remove paddle once bread has cooled.)
6. Allow bread to cool on a wire rack until ready to serve (at least 20 minutes).

We really do have a hard time waiting the 20 minutes to eat it. It always smells soooooo good.

Fresh bread and Chicken Noodle soup are on the menu for this weekend.

Have a great day!
Mae






No comments:

Post a Comment