Blog Header

Blog Header

Friday, February 7, 2014

2/7/14

Tuesday night we had an ice storm come through. We already had about 5 inches of snow on the ground, now there is about half an inch of ice on top of that.  It is beautiful especially since the sun is shinning today.


These are pictures of my forsythia bush and my clothes line.  They have looked like this for 2 days.  I am hoping that some of the ice melts today from all of the sunshine.

The weekly savings challenge is going very well. Even though I have only been doing it for 5 weeks I have knocked out the first 22 weeks and part of week 23. I realize that is the easiest part. But I am way ahead of the game and if I can just keep adding they way I have been I will hopefully be able to knock out the 52 weeks with no problem.

My new recipe for this weekend is 7Up Lemon Bundt Cake (link). It looks really yummy.

A few of the blessings from the last couple of weeks: We have managed to stay warm, no frozen, pipes, new cell phones, lunch with good friends, there are only 6 more weeks of winter (according to the ground hog).

Have a great day!
Mae


No comments:

Post a Comment