Blog Header

Blog Header

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Walmart

I was sick over the weekend, I am not sure if it was a stomach bug or a new medicine I am taking. I tried to go grocery shopping but I really needed to stop at Wal-Mart to buy a heater for my desk at work. I have been freezing to death.  While I was at Wal-Mart I decided to look through their grocery section.  The longer I was in the store the worse I felt. So I decided to go ahead and get what I had to have there.  Needless to say I didn't get much. I really for the life of me can not figure out why people think it is the cheapest place to do your grocery shopping.  I have know for a long time that it is not. But since I wasn't feeling too well, I did it. And have been regretting it ever since.

There was not one thing in that store that I buy on a regular basis that was cheaper at Wal-Mart than at Kroger when it's on sale.  For instance Kroger had chuck roast on sale for $2.99/lb. Wal-Mart's was $5.98/lb. That is a huge difference. Most things I normally buy were about $1.00 more than Kroger's. I realize that what I buy at Kroger is usually on sale and their prices can be quite high. But Wal-Mart does not do loss leaders like most grocery stores.

There are certain things that can be cheaper at Wal-Mart or that you can find at Wal-Mart when you can't find it anywhere else and I believe that we need Wal-Mart. It has brought a lot of jobs and purchasing options to small towns all across this country. But I for one will not be doing my weekly grocery shopping there.

Have a great day!
Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment