Blog Header

Blog Header

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

10/10/12

Does Fall get you in the mood for change?  With the change in the weather, the changing leaves and landscape, it sure gets me in the mood for change. We have been cleaning out everything!  This weekend Greg started cleaning out a shed that we really haven't touched since we moved in 8 years ago. It was the shed where we just threw everything we didn't know what to do with when we moved in.  Going from a home that had over 1800 square feet with closets everywhere to one with only 1500 square feet and not one single closet was a challenge. So a lot of stuff just got throw into this shed.  This weekend it got cleaned and straightened.  We hauled a whole truck load of stuff to Good Will and found some things we had been wondering what happened to and some things we thought we had given to the kids but guess what? They were still there. But now there is a lot more room in that shed.

I have been going through clothes and have donated several bags to Good Will. It's a big change for me to actually get rid of things.  I keep thinking "I might need that." or "As soon as I get rid of it, I'll wish I had it."  My mother couldn't throw anything away and I guess some of that rubbed off on me.  But I am changing. I guess if I haven't used it in 8 years, I won't miss it.

We are getting ready to do some painting, the kitchen and bathroom need to be repainted.  I can't seem to decide exactly what it is I want to do in the bathroom.  I really like the border, shower curtain and curtains I have now.  But it is time for a change so I guess I'll keep looking for ideas.


We also changed our china hutch.  I found a really cheap, nice older one like I had been looking for, so here is a picture of it.



 Mae
  

No comments:

Post a Comment