Blog Header

Blog Header

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hectic Week Ahead

This week is starting out to be a busy one.  Last night was my treatment so I put the roast in the slow cooker before I left for work.  After my treatment I microwaved some store bought mashed potatoes and heated up some of the leftover cabbage and corn casserole.

Tonight we will eat out because we are trick or treating at the mall with Lily and April.  Tomorrow night will not be chicken casserole because I don't have any chicken to cook it with.  So we will have to have something else.  Not sure what, just yet but will figure that out. 

Thursday night we will grab a bite out because we are taking a class on Cattle Nutrition and don't have time to go home before the class.

Friday night is my normal grocery shopping night, but I may try to get that done earlier in the week so I can get some other things done Friday night.

Saturday we will begin painting the kitchen the go to Lily's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese.

Hopefully next week will be a little slower with more time spent at home working to get things ready for Daniel & Larissa's visit and the family Thanksgiving dinner we are having the Sunday before Thanksgiving. 

Here is my recipe for the Roast Beef and gravy we had last night:

1 Chuck roast
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can beef broth
1 packet Au Jus mix
1 packet brown gravy mix
1 packet onion soup mix (or raw onions0
Salt & garlic pepper,

Rinse roast, add salt & garlic pepper to taste.  Place in slow cooker.  Mix remaining ingredients together with 1 soup can of water. Stir until blended. Pour over roast and cook on low for 8 hours.  I usually strain the gravy before serving. This makes a really nice brown gravy.


Enjoy!
Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment