Blog Header

Blog Header

Monday, February 9, 2009

Depressing News

When I got home from work today, there was a letter from our insurance company. I guess our doctor has gotten tired of our insurance company and dropped them. We have to find new a doctor and the worst part is, there aren't any that are really close to us.

Most of them are in Ohio. I really don't want to drive 64 miles to go to the doctor. There are a couple that are only about 40 miles away, but that is still a haul. Every time I need to go to the doctor I am going to have to take at least 1/2 day off work.

Oh well, I guess it could be worse. At least Tricare makes my share of my treatments really small. Tricare is billed $95,000.00 each month for my treatments and I only pay around$70.00. The problem is they don't pay the doctors very well. $45,000.00 of that is written off as non allowable charges. You know with the doctors it's all about the money.

Just had to vent. I'm all better now.

Mae

'Tis better to buy a small bouquet
And give to your friend this very day,
Than a bushel of roses white and red
To lay on his coffin after he's dead.

1 comment:

  1. oh this same thing happened with my Mama's insurance company. She had a doctor who had performed her double masectomy and reconstructive surgery after breast cancer. She had been seeing this same doctor for over 20 years. Due to the insurance she had to get a new doctor and I'm not so sure she's satisfied yet.

    Those are some expensive treatments you're getting, huh?

    Miss Mae, I'm sorry I haven't been around lately. I've had a virus this past week and now I feel like I have been neglecting my online buddies.

    Have a blessed evening,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete