Blog Header

Blog Header

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Housekeeping Journal

I didn't do so well with the housekeeping journal this week. It was the week of my treatment and I was tired so I didn't get as much done.

I am finding that I really like it, even if I didn't follow it every day this week. It's really nice to have a menu planned for the entire week. Cooking doesn't seem to take as much time and meals are planned with leftovers for lunches. That kills 2 birds with one stone.

Today was shopping day and the menu helped with that, too. I knew what I had and what I needed. I wound up saving 32%. That is a lot lower than I use to do, but not bad for just getting back in the swing of things. I had over $20.00 worth of coupons and Body wash rang up wrong, so I got 1 free and then had $1.00 coupon on each one so I got 2 for $1.00. That was a deal.

I love it when Kroger sends me coupons for free stuff. Today I had one for free tomatoes and one for $2.50 off beef, when I bought $10.00 worth.

Add all of those savings to the money I didn't spend buying things I didn't need and I would say today was a success. Thanks to my housekeeping journal!


May you have the hindsight
to know where you've been
the foresight
to know where you're going
and the insight
to know when you're going too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment