Blog Header

Blog Header

Monday, January 6, 2014

1-6-14

Today is a good day already. We missed the big snowmageddon that was predicted for our area. It is still very cold but I was able to get to work today without any problem at all and we have no frozen pipes so far. Greg worked really hard yesterday getting things ready for the chickens and blocking some areas around the foundation of the house where wind can blow through and freeze pipes.

We managed to get the Christmas tree down and the inside decorations put away. I love putting the tree up and having everything looking all festive but when Christmas is over, I am sure glad to get my house put back to normal.

It is really nice to be seeing blessings every day, because I am actually keeping a list of them. We are all blessed but when we don't take time to actually look for those blessings they go unnoticed.  I hope I can keep up this goal because it puts me in a good mood when I actually list a blessing that I took the time to reflect on my day and see.

My new recipe that I am going to try this week is:


On Pan Cheesy Smoked Sausage & Pasta Skillet
Ingredients
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 lb Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage, sliced
  • 1 cup diced onion
  • 1 Tbsp minced garlic (about two fresh cloves)
  • 2 cups Chicken Broth
  • 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
  • 8 oz dry pasta (any small pasta will do)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, each
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese
  • 1/3 cup chopped scallions, for garnish
Instructions
  1. Add olive oil to a 4-5 quart saute pan over medium high heat. Add onions and sausage and cook until lightly browned. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
  2. Add chicken broth, tomatoes, milk, pasta, and seasonings. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
  3. Turn off the heat and stir in 1/2 cup of cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and cover for about five minutes to allow cheese to melt. Top with sliced scallions and serve.
  4. Makes about 4 servings.
I found this recipe on Pinterest and it sounds and looks really yummy and easy.

Hope you have a great week!
Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment