We managed to get the Christmas tree down and the inside decorations put away. I love putting the tree up and having everything looking all festive but when Christmas is over, I am sure glad to get my house put back to normal.
It is really nice to be seeing blessings every day, because I am actually keeping a list of them. We are all blessed but when we don't take time to actually look for those blessings they go unnoticed. I hope I can keep up this goal because it puts me in a good mood when I actually list a blessing that I took the time to reflect on my day and see.
My new recipe that I am going to try this week is:
On Pan Cheesy Smoked Sausage & Pasta Skillet
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (about two fresh cloves)
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
- 8 oz dry pasta (any small pasta will do)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, each
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions, for garnish
- Add olive oil to a 4-5 quart saute pan over medium high heat. Add onions and sausage and cook until lightly browned. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, milk, pasta, and seasonings. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Turn off the heat and stir in 1/2 cup of cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and cover for about five minutes to allow cheese to melt. Top with sliced scallions and serve.
- Makes about 4 servings.
Hope you have a great week!