Blog Header

Blog Header

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Cold

This has been the coldest winter since we moved to Kentucky. There has been more snow and more days in the single digits than I have ever experienced in my life. And I must say I have had enough! It is beautiful but all I can think about is how cold it is. I can't go outside and enjoy it and I am even finding it hard to think about spring.  Planning for the spring and summer hasn't even begun. No garden plans, no plans to do any spring cleaning, no preparations are being made, at all.  I have to get out of this funk.

This old farm house is cold. The good thing about that is it prompts up both to think about what we can do to make it warmer. Every year we think of something to do and each little thing we do helps. One day maybe we will have it all figured out. Right now we are thinking about putting new counter tops in the kitchen. You ask how is that going to make your house warmer? Well when we take out the old counter tops we can put more insulation between the cabinets and the walls. That is the worst spot in the whole house. The extra insulation would help a lot in the kitchen which is the coldest room in the house.  Just not sure I am ready to start that project.

A few blessings from this week: My daughter was traveling with work and she had safe travels even though for a little while we were afraid she would not be able to catch her flight out of Louisiana on Friday. But she finally made it home safe and sound.  My son's house has a contract on it so hopefully in a couple of months they will be moving back up to Kentucky. Our heater went out on Wednesday and it was a cheap fix.

The new recipe last week was:

Mostaccioli

Ingredients
1 pound ground beef
1 pound Italian sausage
1 pound penne pasta noodles
1 can spaghetti sauce
2 can Cheddar cheese soup
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded

Directions
1. Brown ground beef and sausage in electric skillet, drain.
2. Add soup, spaghetti sauce and seasoning, heat through.
3. Cook noodles according to package directions.
4. Add cooked noodles to sauce in electric skillet.
5. Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top.
6. Leave on simmer until cheese is melted.
7. Serve

We really liked this, it was easy and clean up was easy. One pot for the noodles and the electric skillet. I served it with green vegetable but salad would be good, and garlic bread. I meant to take a picture but we had already eaten it when I thought about it.

Hope you have a great week.
Mae



No comments:

Post a Comment