Blog Header

Blog Header

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Lord's Prayer

The Christian radio station I listen to, on my way to & from work, is asking that every one who listens to pray the Lord's Prayer at 12:00 noon each day, until the election, next Tuesday.

I am going to try to remember to pray it each day and I hope you will too.

In case you have forgotten it, I have pasted it below.

Our Father, who art in heaven,hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.
Matthew 6:9-13

This is a promise that God made to us: If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.2 Chronicles 7:14

This model prayer reminds me that He is in control and no matter the outcome of the election He will still be soverign and I have no need to worry.

Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment