Blog Header

Blog Header

Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend Happenings

Saturday we went into town and stopped at the 2nd hand store. I bought a new magazine rack. Well it’s actually an old basket, and I just love it. It makes me smile every time I walk past it. It only cost $8.00. Here is a picture of it:







We also bought a dresser for the upstairs bedroom. It was only $50.00. Now I just have to get it filled with clothes and get that room organized before the kids come at Christmas. I didn’t take pictures of it yet.

This is a breakfast casserole I made for breakfasts during the week this week. The recipe is on the back of Simply Potatoes Southwest Julienne potatoes. It is really yummy.







I am trying to get better at planning our meals for the week. Sometimes it’s really hard to plan 3 meals a day. So I am trying to spend some time on the weekends cooking things we’ll eat for lunches and breakfast during the week. This weekend I made chocolate chip cookies and put at least half of them in baggies (2 per bag) for our lunches. I made the breakfast casserole for breakfast; it should last at least a couple of days. I also had leftover sausage gravy that I had frozen a few weeks ago. I made tuna salad for lunches and I will make a pasta salad this week. Some leftovers from dinner will also be thrown in a few days for lunch.

My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue,
but in deed and in truth.
1 John 3:8

No comments:

Post a Comment