Blog Header

Blog Header

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Seasons

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; Ecc. 3:1 & 2

It is time to start plucking up that which is planted. I have been putting it off because we are getting some green beans and tomatoes occasionally. We also have a lot of lima beans still on the plants that I was hoping would get ripe soon. But the rain is supposed to start today, and with that cooler weather. I am afraid if I don’t get the green tomatoes picked, wrapped in newspaper and stored it will get too wet to get to them. I think I will just mow down the peas the leaves have a lot of nitrogen in them that is good for the soil and since the goats don’t seem to be too thrilled to eat them they might as well compost.

The leaves are really changing here and I am ready for fall weather. We have ordered 100 gallons of fuel oil at $3.149 a gallon and a tank of gas at $2 something a gallon. We are going to install our outside wood burner soon so the oil will be a backup for that. We have a gas burner that looks like a fireplace so we will only burn that when we are in the living room. I hope that the fuel we have ordered will last us a couple of years.

It is also almost time for our new granddaughter Lily to be born. We can’t wait to see her little face, and to touch her soft skin and to kiss those rosy cheeks! What a special Christmas we will have with both of our grand babies here!

I hope you enjoy your seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment